- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound salmon fillets, skinned and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and green pepper; cook and stir until tender. Add carrots and garlic; cook 3 minutes longer. Stir in tomato sauce, tomatoes, wine and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
- Stir in salmon, shrimp and parsley. Cook, covered, 7-10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork and shrimp turn pink. Discard bay leaf.
1 cup: 213 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.